Diohespan Max is an OTC drug that contains 1000 mg of micronized diosmin in 1 tablet.
Diosmin increases the vein tension and protects the blood vessels. At the level of the venous blood vessels, it reduces the vein expansion and venous stasis. The optimal therapeutic effect was observed at a dose of 1000 mg per day.
- Chronic venous circulation insufficiency of the lower limbs (varicose veins).
- Heaviness in legs.
- Leg pain.
- Night cramps.
Symptomatic treatment in case of the exacerbation of the conditions associated with varicose veins in rectum (hemorrhoids).
- Increases the venous blood vessels’ tension.
- Protects the blood vessels.
- Reduces the venous stasis.
- Therapeutic efficacy in the treatment of chronic venous insufficiency of the lower limbs.
the usual dose is 1 tablet per day during a meal.
Exacerbation of the conditions related to varicose veins in rectum (hemorrhoids): 3 tablets per day for 4 days, then 3 tablets per day for 3 consecutive days during meals.
This medicinal product should not be used in patients with hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients.
- Category – over-the-counter drug (OTC).
- Composition: active substance – diosmin 1000 mg.
- Packaging – 30 tab and 60 tab.
- License no.: 17891.
- Marketing Authorisation Holder (MAH): Aflofarm Farmacja Polska Sp. z o.o.
It is well-tolerated by the patients, and its effectiveness is confirmed by numerous clinical studies. Additionally, a high safety profile and lack of interaction with different substances cause it to be recommended by both Polish and international treatment guidelines for chronic venous insufficiency. Ideally, the diosmin is micronized (meaning: fragmented) as it absorbs better that way.
Diosmin increases the vein tension and protects the blood vessels. Diosmin improves the return of blood from venous system and reduces venous stasis. Thanks to that it relieves the heaviness in legs, plus the sensations of burning and numbness, and reduces swelling, relieving calf cramps and pains which occur during chronic venous insufficiency. The optimal therapeutic effect was observed at a dose of 1000 mg per day.